1. How much time does the Justice + Equity training require?
The Freedom Lifted Justice + Equity training series is best structured in three parts taking place during a full 8- hour day or over the course of three 3-hour sessions. We also provide 1 – 3 hour lectures and workshops. However, they do not fully cover the content of the training series.
2. Can anyone participate in the trainings?
Trainings are designed for people 12 years old and older. Images used in presentations may be inappropriate for children. Although previous exposure to social justice issues is useful, there is no specific preparation needed. Participants should be ready to reflect on their own experiences and open to learning from others.
3. Are the trainings neutral and unbiased?
No. The trainings are facilitated in the context of the following assumptions:
- Oppression exists.
- Social justice is desirable.
- The goal of social justice work is collective liberation.
- An effective educational approach to this work is with both compassion and accountability.
- Everyone has work to do.
4. Do you provide trainings other than the Justice + Equity series?
In addition to the Justice + Equity training, we offer 1-hour lectures and 3-hour workshops about topics related to the American Civil Rights Movement. Topics include Lessons in Leadership from Women in the Movement, Freedom Songs, and Myths about MLK.
5. How much do the trainings cost?
Depending on the amount of time to prepare, implement and evaluate, trainings cost between $2,000 - $4,500. Fees do not include travel and lodging.
6. How do I request a training or workshop?
Request a training and we will follow up with you about your goals and intended outcomes.